Posted on February 03 2016
Curried Sausages with Indian BBQ Rub
Serves 4 | Cooking 30 min | Skill - Easy
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 1 large brown onion,
- 3 tblp Curry Traders Indian BBQ Rub
- ½ cup Beef stock
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup of frozen/fresh peas
- 2 x peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- In a deep heavy based fry pan heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the sausages and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally. Once browned, reduce the heat and take out one sausage at a time and cut to your desired length. Put sausages back into pan.
- Add the onion and Curry Traders Indian BBQ Rub coat sausages. Cook until the onions are soft. 2 minutes.
- Cover the sausages with beef stock and water and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat to a very low simmer.
- Add the carrots and simmer for 4 minutes, in the meantime mix the cornflour and 2 tablespoons of water together in a small cup. Add the cornflour mixture to the pan to thicken and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add peas or serve peas on the side. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until all vegetables and sausages are cooked through.
- Serve immediately over mashed potato or rice.
For a creamier curried sausages add ¼ cup of coconut milk.