Posted on December 07 2015
A refreshing drink ideal with curry
Serves 4 | Preparation 10 min | Cooking 10 min | Skill - Easy
To make mango syrup, place sugar, mango purée and 250 ml water in a small saucepan over low heat, and stir until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes or until thick and reduced. Set aside to cool completely.
To make lassi mixture, place chopped mango, milk, sugar, cardamom and 280 g yoghurt in a blender and process until smooth.
Fill 4 tall serving glasses with crushed ice, then divide mango syrup and remaining 280 g yoghurt between glasses. Top with lassi mixture. Serve sprinkled with extra cardamom.
- 400 g (2 cups) chopped mango (about 2 mangoes)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) milk
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom, plus extra, to sprinkle
- 560 g (2 cups) thick natural yoghurt crushed ice, to serve
- 220 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) mango purée