Tandoori Prawn Cups
Posted on December 03 2023
These Tandoori Prawn Cups are the perfect summer starter, and so easy when you use our Tandoori Marinade! Whip these up in 20 minutes and have everyone impressed!
200g Peeled Prawns
Curry Traders Tandoori Marinade
Baby Gem Lettuce Cups
Red Wine Vinegar
Salt & Pepper
- In a bowl add 1-2 tablespoons of greek yoghurt and the juice of half a lemon
- Add 1 tablespoon of our Tandoori Marinade, and a generous pinch of salt and mix well. Add extra marinade if you think it needs it.
- Add your peeled prawns and generously coat with the yoghurt mixture. Cover and set aside for at least 20 minutes, but ideally 1-2 hours.
- While you wait for the prawns to marinate, finely slice half a red onion.
- In a small bowl add the onions with 2-3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar. Add a small dash of water and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mix this well, taste to check the balance, you want the pickling liquid to be tart with a hint of sweetness. Adjust to your liking. Once your happy with this, set it aside to pickle.
- Rinse your lettuce and peel 9 lettuce cups off. Pat these dry and set aside.
- Finely slice your mango into strips and set aside.
- Once your prawns are done marinading in a medium heat pan or BBQ place a small amount of oil and put your prawns in to cook. Try not to move them around too much as the mixture will come off. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until perfectly cooked! Allow to cook slightly before assembling.
- On a platter place your lettuce cups down, then add 2-3 slices of mango, 2-3 prawns and top with your pickled onions. Garnish with fresh coriander and salt!