Coconut & Lemongrass Whole Snapper
Posted on December 03 2023
This mouth watering dish is perfect to impress your loved ones this Christmas, and it's easier than it looks. By using our Asian BBQ Rub, we've taken all the hard work out when it comes to adding flavour! Give it a go this Christmas!
- Scale and gut fish. preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In the centre of the fish add slices of lime, pineapple, lemongrass, coriander leaves & roots.
- Place the fish in a large baking tray with baking paper. generously coat the fish in olive oil and asian bbq rub. Add a pinch of salt. flip and do the other side.
- Add a splash of water to the bottom of the tray and cover with alfoil. chuck in the oven for 20-40 minutes depending on the size of your fish.
- Whilst that is cooking, in a small saucepan heat slices of fresh chilli, lemongrass, Asian bbq rub and fish sauce in 200ml of coconut milk. Let this simmer on low for about 15 minutes. Add Salt to taste.
- Salt the sauce to taste and adjust it to your liking.
- finely cube fresh pineapple and diced chilli and coriander for the fresh salsa topping. Add lime juice and a tspn of fish sauce.
- Check your fish it should be soft and just cooked. Remove alfoil and put back in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes or until it has some golden colour. be sure not to overcook.
- Once cooked serve with fresh pineapple salsa, coconut chips and coconut lemongrass sauce on the side.