Goan Fish Curry Gourmet Kit
Goan Fish Curry is a hot and creamy coconut curry that is sure to be new favourite in your household. This flexible curry sauce can be used with chicken or fish depending on what your preference is. The gourmet spice mix uses 100% natural local and imported ingredients that need to be ground before using. Some of the spices include cumin, coriander, cinnamon, chilli and more that add the strong and spicy flavour to this medium heat curry dish.
A plentiful supply of only a few Indian perfectly balanced spices makes up this heavenly Goan Fish Curry with a coconut curry delight as a result. If you don’t have much time in the kitchen, this curry is ideal because it is so easy and quick to make. Add firm white fish, scallops or chicken thighs (breast will work just as well), along with tomatoes, coconut milk and a few other basic ingredients to create this delicious meal. To serve this Goan Fish Curry, add basmati rice and lemon wedges to accompany the medium/hot heat and flavours this dish offers. For a traditional take, also serve this curry with pappadams and natural yoghurt to help ease the heat and spice of this Goan Fish curry. This curry has a chilli rating of 3/5 and is perfect for spice lovers and accompanies the taste of fish and chicken perfectly every time.
Chilli Rating 3/5.
This Goan Fish is medium/hot in heat. 🌶🌶🌶🌶
Goan Fish Curry Recipe
A hot and creamy coconut curry. Serves 6.
- 1 x Goan Fish Curry Traders Kit
- 1kg ling or white fleshed fish or chicken thighs or breast
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tblspn ginger
- 2 tblspn vegetable oil
- 4 large onions
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes or 4 tomatoes
- 2 lemons
- 2 green chillies
- 440ml coconut milk
Crush garlic & grate ginger, dice onions, cut 1 lemon into wedges, juice half the other lemon, cut fish into serving sizes or cut chicken into large chunks and dice tomatoes.
How to Make Goan Fish Curry
- In a heavy saucepan heat oil over low-medium heat.
- Add onions and BAG 1 cook, stirring occasionally, for 20min.
- Grind contents of Bag 2 and Bag 4 in mortar & pestle.
- Mix in Bag 3. Add garlic and ginger and mix to form a paste.
- Stir paste into onions. Cook for 2 minutes. Smell the aroma.
- If using chicken add now and coat chicken in paste, cook until brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in juice from half a lemon, whole green chillies and coconut milk. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- If using fish add now to curry sauce and cook for approximately
- 5 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Taste. Season with salt if desired.
- Serve with basmati rice and garnish with lemon wedges.
Serving with pappadams and natural yoghurt.
May contain traces of nuts
Ingredients: cumin, coriander, cinnamon, chilli, cloves, turmeric, star anise.
Goan Fish Curry NET WEIGHT 70g
All Curry Traders Spice Kits are naturally gluten free
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.