Massaman Curry Gourmet Kit
Massaman Curry is a delicious curry that can be made mild to medium to suit your heat and spice preference. With our Massman Curry Gourmet Kit, you’ll be able to whip up this classic Southern Thailand dish in no time. The spice mix needs to be ground up for a fresh flavour that includes coriander, cumin, fennel, turmeric, chill and more. This dish also contains a nutty flavour from the peanuts and a savoury flavour from shellfish (shrimp). This dish will make you feel like you’re dining in an exotic Thai location.
This Massaman Curry will be a new family favourite meal in any household. The nutty and savoury flavours are absorbed from the beef and potato for a mouth-watering taste every time. To create this dish, add diced beef along with potatoes, red capsicum, tomatoes, coconut milk and a few other ingredients for a tasty meal perfect for any day of the week. The prep time is short for this meal and it can easily be cooked on a busy work week and makes a quick weekend meal too. For a traditional take, serve this meal with Jasmine rice to complement the complex flavours. Garnish this dish with lime wedges too, to boost this Thai recipe and coconut curry taste.
This Massaman Curry is mild to medium in heat.
Massaman Curry Recipe
A delicious, rich curry brought to Thailand by Indian spice traders.
Now Curry traders have brought it to you. Serves 6
- 1 x Massaman Curry Traders Kit
- 1.2kg chunky diced beef
- 4 tblsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tblsp ginger
- 2 onions
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1 tblsp palm sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small red capsicum
- 2 potatoes
- 2 limes
- 440ml tinned coconut milk
- pinch of salt & sugar
Crush garlic and ginger, chop onions, dice tomatoes and capsicum, shave palm sugar, chunky dice potatoes. Cut 1 lime into wedges and juice the other lime.
How to Make Massaman Curry
- Remove dried chillis from Bag 4.
- In a heavy saucepan heat 2 tblsp vegetable oil (medium heat).
- Fry onions, ginger, garlic and chillis for 15 mins.
- Grind contents of Bag 1 in mortar & pestle or coffee grinder and add to saucepan with tomatoes, capsicum and ¼ cup water.
- Stir and cook for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat, let cool and whiz up in a blender with Bag 3.
- Set aside.
- In the same saucepan add 2 tblsp vegetable oil (high heat). Add meat.
- Coat with Bag 2 and remainder of Bag 3. Cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in contents from blender, fish sauce, palm sugar, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves and potatoes. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, uncovered.
- Cook until meat is tender.
- Add lime juice, and salt and sugar to taste.
Garnish with extra lime wedges and serve with jasmine rice.
Contains nuts and shellfish.
Ingredients: coriander, cumin, shrimp, paprika, fennel, turmeric, chilli, galangal, lemongrass, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, fenugreek, cinnamon, star anise, peanuts.
Massaman Curry NET WEIGHT 80g
All Curry Traders Spice Kits are naturally gluten free
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.