Bangladesh Prawn Curry Gourmet Kit
This Bangladesh Prawn Curry medium heat dish is perfect to impress your family or friends at your next event or dinner party. This delicious coconut and tomato Bangladesh Prawn Curry is sweetened with fresh pineapple. The fruit adds sweetness that compliments prawn, chicken or tofu in this tasty curry dish. As traditional Bangladeshi food is spicy, this curry has a strong kick to it. Curry Traders have added pineapple to the curry to add a layering effect to the flavours from hot, sweet sour and finally to spicy.
To create this dish, simply use the spice mix for flavour. The spices will need to be ground up for a fresh and flavoursome addition to the dish. The Bangladesh Prawn Curry Gourmet Kit contains imported and local ingredients including garam masala, cumin, fenugreek, salt, turmeric, chilli, mustard seeds and paprika. The tantalising taste blend of wonderful and fragrant spices adds a medium heat to this delicious meal. Simply add crushed tomatoes, fresh pineapple, coriander and a few other basic ingredients to make this luxurious meal sure to impress any food connoisseur. When serving, garnish your Bangladesh Prawn Curry with coriander and serve with basmati rice for the best flavour combination.
This Bangladesh Prawn Curry is medium/hot in heat. 🌶🌶🌶🌶
Bangladesh Prawn Curry Recipe
- 1 x Bangladesh Prawn Curry Traders Kit
- 1.5kg peeled green raw prawns or chicken thighs or breast
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tblspn ginger
- juice of a lemon
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tblspn vegetable oil
- 2 large onions
- pinch salt
- 1 fresh pineapple
- ½ cup water
- 200ml coconut milk (optional)
- ½ bunch coriander
Peel prawns or cut chicken, grate ginger, crush garlic, juice lemon, chop fresh tomatoes, dice onions, peel and chop pineapple and chop coriander
How to Make Bangladesh Prawn Curry
- Roast Bag 1 in a dry frying pan until aromatic. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix Bag 2 with garlic, ginger and half the lemon juice. Add prawns or chicken and coat. Place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Grind contents of Bag 3 in mortar & pestle.
- In a heavy saucepan heat oil over low-medium heat.
- Stir in onions and salt, cook for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes.
- Stir in roasted Bag 1 and Bag 3, cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, let cool for a few minutes then whiz up in a blender.
- Pour blended contents back into saucepan.
- Add water to blender and give it a whiz, pour into saucepan.
- Add pineapple, and the rest of the lemon juice.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, if desired.
- Add Bag 4 and marinated prawns or chicken.
- Cook until prawns are cooked through, approx. 5 minutes or until chicken is tender, approx. 15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with basmati rice.
Ingredients: garam masala, cumin, fenugreek, salt, turmeric, chilli, mustard seeds, paprika.
Bangladesh Prawn Curry NET WEIGHT 47g
All Curry Traders Spice Kits are naturally gluten free
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.