Fill your home with the aroma of Indian Curry Spices
Posted on December 08 2022
There is no shortage of flavour when it comes to cooking delicious Indian cuisine. One of the best ways to enjoy this bold and savoury cuisine is by making a curry dish. Curry recipes are typically made with various Indian spices, which gives them their distinct flavour.
Curries blend aromatic and savoury spices to create their unique flavour. The most common spices used in curry include cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, and chilli peppers. These spices are often used in combination with each other to create a flavour profile that is distinctly Indian. Curry spices are used to add flavour and depth to dishes, as well as to add colour.
- Cumin - Cumin is a key component of many Indian dishes. It has a warm and earthy flavour that pairs well with other spices.
- Coriander - Coriander is another spice that is commonly used in Indian cuisine. It has a slightly citrusy flavour and can add brightness to a dish.
- Cardamom - Cardamom is a spice with a sweet and floral flavour. It's often used in desserts, but it can also be used in savoury dishes like curries.
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon is a warming spice often used in sweet and savoury dishes. It's perfect for adding depth of flavour to a curry dish.
- Ginger - Ginger is a spicy root that's often used in Asian cooking. It has a strong flavour that goes well with other bold spices like cumin and cardamom.
Steps of cooking delicious Indian curry recipes with lots of spices
The most important thing when making Indian curry recipes is to get the right balance of spices. Too much of one spice can make the curry too hot, while too little can make it bland. Curry Traders spice kits help you find the perfect balance for you with our spice guidelines on every kit.
- Once you have the perfect blend of spices, the next step is to choose your protein. Chicken, beef, lamb, and shrimp are popular in curries. If you're vegetarian or vegan, tofu makes a great alternative.
- After selection, it's time to start cooking. Curry Traders kits give you a step by step recipe card in every pack, so cooking traditional curry at home is easy. Most curries are typically simmered in a lightly oiled pan over low heat until cooked. This allows the flavours of the spices to come through.
- Once everything is cooked through, it's time to serve! Curries are typically served over steamed rice or with naan bread.
Indian curry recipes are enjoyed by people all over the world. The unique flavour of Indian curry recipes makes it a popular choice for people looking for something different. If you're looking to add some flavour to your cooking, curry spices are a great place to start.
Cooking curry at home with Curry Traders is easier than you might think, and it's a great way to impress your guests with a delicious, authentic meal. Using our perfect blends of Indian curry spices gives your dish an authentic flavour that will tantalise your taste buds. So, if you're looking for a new recipe, start with Curry Traders - your friends will thank you for it, and you'll have a lot of fun cooking it.