Chicken Tikka Masala Curry Gourmet Kit
The Chicken Tikka Masala Curry has a classic mild flavour with a hint of peppery spice.
The gourmet spice kit from Curry Traders gives you all the spice you need to get the flavours perfect every time you prepare this curry, commonly known as Britain’s National dish. You’ll love serving this luxurious and creamy Chicken Tikka Masala Curry to your family for any meal including a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. This dish is perfect as leftovers (if there’s any left) to pack for lunch the next day or to serve with the chicken thinly sliced over salad or in a hot sandwich for dinner.
This dish contains nuts (cashews) and uses local and imported ingredients to create this traditional Chicken Tikka Masala flavour. To make this delicious curry the chicken needs to be marinated in yoghurt and spices that need to be ground from the gourmet pack includes cardamom, cinnamon and coriander. The preparation time for this dish is a minimum of one hour to fully marinade the chicken and it has cooking time of 40 minutes to prepare the sauce, chicken and rice. It’s recommended to serve the chicken, sauce and basmati rice separately to fully experience the flavours of this tasty curry. To garnish this dish, try adding fresh coriander on top of the chicken for a flavoursome addition. If you’re a wine lover, try the striking pairing of McLaren Vale cabernet or Shiraz with this curry. The two flavours complement each other perfectly and it’s sure to impress your friends or family at your next dinner party or special occasion.
You and your family will love Curry Traders' Chicken Tikka Masala Curry Kit.
This Chicken Tikka Masala Curry is mild/medium in heat with a hint of pepper. 🌶🌶
Chicken Tikka Masala Curry Recipe
Commonly known as Britain’s National Dish.
- 1kg to 1.5kg chicken thigh or breast
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tblspn ginger
- 1 tblspn lemon juice
- 2 tblspn vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tspn salt
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes or 4 fresh tomatoes
- 3 tspn brown sugar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup thickened cream
Cut chicken into large pieces, squeeze lemon, crush garlic, grate ginger, dice onions, dice tomatoes, chop Bag 3
How to Make Chicken Tikka Masala Curry
- Grind contents of Bag 1 in mortar & pestle or coffee grinder.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Mix in yoghurt, lemon juice, ginger and chicken pieces.
- Marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan (low-medium heat).
- Stir in onions, garlic and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Bag 3. Cook for 2 minutes. Smell the aroma.
- Stir in tomatoes, Bag 2 and brown sugar. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Take off heat, let cool for a few minutes then whiz up in a blender.
- Pour blended contents back into saucepan.
- Add stock to unwashed blender, give it a whiz and pour into saucepan. Stir in cream.
- Simmer, covered for 1 minute.
- Pour sauce into serving bowl.
- Pre-heat oven 240c.
- Oil shallow roasting tray and place chicken evenly on tray.
- Bake on top shelf of oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Place chicken in serving bowl.
Serve chicken, sauce and basmati rice separately.
Garnish chicken with fresh coriander, if desired. Woodstock McLaren Vale cabernet Shiraz complements this dish perfectly.
Contains nuts and food colouring (E110)
Ingredients: cashews, salt, coriander, garam masala, cinnamon, pepper, cumin, turmeric, paprika, cumin, cardamon, chilli, food colouring (E110)
Chicken Tikka Masala NET WEIGHT 69g
All Curry Traders Spice Kits are naturally gluten free
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.