Butter Chicken Curry Gourmet Kit
Our Butter Chicken Curry Gourmet spice mix is our top selling product and recipe mix.
As a favourite in every household, you’ll love this cream and tomato based curry that’s a perfect meal for any day of the week. This wholesome curry dish uses local and imported spices including nutmeg, paprika, cinnamon, coriander and more to create this tasty butter chicken spice mix. This Butter Chicken Curry mix contains no chilli and is a classic dish to serve to all of your family, friends and the pickiest of eaters.
This perfect blend of traditional Indian spices will leave you wanting more. This Butter Chicken Curry dish is loaded with cream, yoghurt and plenty of butter for a luxurious and decadent meal. This dish is eaten as comfort food for many people across the globe and is known as India’s best curry. To make this Butter Chicken Curry, use the gourmet spice mix, grind the spices and add chicken thighs or breast, lemon, onion, crushed tomatoes, cream and a few other basic ingredients to create this delicious dish. The preparation time requires 1 hour to marinade the chicken and 40 minutes to cook time for oven and stovetop steps. Serve this dish with balsamic rice and mango pickle for a traditional and tasty addition to this classic recipe.
Pair this dish with Vale Semillon Sauvignon Blanc for best flavour combination.
The Curry Traders Butter Chicken is simply the best and is our TOP SELLER!
It’s India’s best known curry.
Our Butter Chicken gourmet curry kits make it simple for you to cook an authentic and traditional Butter Chicken Curry at home.
CONTAINS FOOD COLOURING E110. NO CHILLI.
This Butter Chicken is mild in heat. 🌶
Butter Chicken Curry Recipe
A great curry for the whole family. No chilli.
- 1 x Butter Chicken Curry Traders Kit
- 1kg to 1.5kg chicken thighs or breast (choice is yours)
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- 1 tblspn ginger
- 4 tblspn vegetable oil
- 2 tspn salt
- 5 small onions
- 8 cloves garlic
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes or 5 fresh tomatoes
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1 cup thickened cream
Cut chicken, squeeze lemon, crush garlic, grate ginger, dice onions, dice tomatoes.
How to Make Butter Chicken Curry
- Grind contents of Bag 1 in mortar & pestle or coffee grinder.
- Remove green cardamom husks.
- Mix in Bag 3 and pour into large bowl.
- Mix in lemon juice, half the ginger, half the garlic, yoghurt and 2 tblspn of vegetable oil. Season with 1 tspn salt.
- Add chicken and mix well. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven 240c. Oil shallow roasting tray and place chicken evenly on tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tblspn of vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and 1 tspn salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Bag 2. Cook for 2 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat. Cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in butter until butter melts. Pour mixture into a blender, give it a whiz until texture is smooth. Pour back into saucepan.
- Add cream and gently stir. Stir in marinated chicken and Bag 4.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender.
- Serve with basmati rice.
Serve with mango pickle and a chilled bottle of Woodstock McLaren Vale Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
May contain traces of nuts.
Ingredients: nutmeg, paprika, cinnamon, coriander, turmeric, garlic,
garam masala, cumin, fenugreek, cardamon, cloves, food colouring (E110).
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.