Beef Vindaloo Curry Gourmet Kit
If you love hot heat and spice, you’ll love this peppery Beef Vindaloo Curry. This traditional Portuguese dish was originally made with garlic and wine. Over time, the dish evolved into the Vindaloo curry when it received the Goan treatment of adding malt vinegar to the recipe. The Curry Traders have perfected this recipe by replacing the malt vinegar with lemon juice for added flavour and to enhance the traditional spices.
With a chilli rating of 4/5, your taste buds will love savouring over the complex blends of mustards seeds, pepper and chilli in our Beef Vindaloo Curry. This recipe was created for hot heat and spice tastes, and is not for the faint hearted. Simply use the gourmet spice blend, grind the spices and add beef or lamb, onion, potato and a few other basic ingredients to make this impressive dish. Over a period of two hours, this dish will be ready to be served along side basmati rice to accentuate the peppery combination of spice and flavours. Add naan bread and natural yogurt to help ease the spice and to let the flavours stand out in this spiced curry. Although this meal might take a bit longer, it’s worth the wait and is a flawless weekend or special occasion meal. Made from 100% natural ingredients the Gourmet Beef Vindaloo Curry is a must—try for any hot heat or spicy food lovers.
This Beef Vindaloo Curry is hot and peppery in heat. 🌶🌶🌶🌶🌶
Beef Vindaloo Curry Recipe
This peppery curry is said to be the world’s hottest – we have toned ours down just a little, for your enjoyment.
- 1 x Vindaloo Curry Traders Kit
- 1kg to 1.5kg beef (or lamb shanks)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tblspn ginger
- 1 tblspn vegetable oil
- 4 small onions
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tblspn sugar
- 1 tspn salt
- 3 potatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
Diced beef or lamb shanks, grate ginger, crush garlic, dice onions,
squeeze lemon, peel and dice potatoes.
How to Make Beef Vindaloo Curry
- Roast BAG 1 in a dry saucepan until fragrant. Set aside.
- Grind contents of BAG 2 and BAG 3 in mortar & pestle.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in lemon juice and sugar.
- This is your spice mixture. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over low-medium heat.
- Add onions cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove onions.
- Add onions to spice mixture. Stir in. Set aside.
- In mortar & pestle, grind garlic & ginger with 3 tspn water.
- Turn up heat, add beef (or lamb shanks) in batches and cook until browned.
- Remove browned meat and place in bowl, leaving beef juice in saucepan.
- In the saucepan pour in garlic, ginger and BAG 4.
- Stir until light brown.
- Return beef to saucepan, stir to coat.
- Add spice mixture, potatoes and BAG 1. Stir in stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and cook for a further 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add extra pinch of salt, squeeze of lemon juice or sugar to taste.
Serving with basmati rice, naan bread and natural yoghurt.
May contain traces of nuts.
Ingredients: coriander, pepper, chilli, salt, cinnamon,
mustard seeds, cumin, turmeric, fenugreek, chilli, cloves, cardamom
Beef Vindaloo Curry NET WEIGHT 48g
All Curry Traders Spice Kits are naturally gluten free
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.