Rogan Josh Curry Gourmet Kit
This mild Rogan Josh curry is a delicious and classic curry that the whole family will love. The Rogan Josh gourmet spice pack includes 100% natural local and imported spices such as cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric and more that will need to be freshly ground up to prepare this dish. The spices layer into a tasty and mild curry perfect for any occasion or weekend meal.
To cook this Rogan Josh Curry dish, add beef or lamb along with onion, tomatoes, yoghurt and a few other basic ingredients to create this delicious curry. The preparation and cook time is longer for this mouth-watering curry. It’s best to prepare the marinade in advance to have time to set aside a few hours for the meat to fully absorb the flavours of the curry while simmering. When serving this dish, add a dollop of natural yoghurt on the side to help the flavours pop and for extra creaminess. For a traditional take, serve this curry with basmati rice, naan bread and wedges of lemon for full flavours and taste of this delicious and creamy curry.
For wine lovers, make sure to pair this Rogan Josh Curry with Woodstock McLaren Vale Semillon Sauvignon Blanc for the best complementing flavours and taste.
This Rogan Josh Curry is mild in heat. 🌶
Rogan Josh Curry Recipe
An aromatic mild family curry, hailing from Kashmir.
- 1 x Rogan Josh Curry Traders Kit
- 1.5kg lamb, beef, chicken or 2 x 400g red Kidney Beans
- 6 tblspn vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tblspn ginger
- 3 large onions
- 410g tinned tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 3 potatoes (optional)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
Dice choice of meat, crush garlic, grate ginger, dice potatoes, coarsely chop onions.
How to Make Rogan Josh Curry
- In a large bowl mix garlic, ginger, yoghurt and Bag 2.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Place marinating meat in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a pestle and mortar, or coffee grinder, grind Bag 1 to a powder. Set aside.
- Add onions and cook for 10 -15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in powder ( Bag 1) Cook for 2 mins
- Add tomatoes. turn up heat and cook, for say 3 mins.
- Remove from heat and place contents into blender. Let cool. Add beef stock and whizz. Set aside
- Return pot to stove. Add remaining oil. Turn up heat to medium-high.
- Add Bag 3. Stir.
- Then add marinated meat, cook until browned. Approx - 10 mins
- Pour in contents from blender and stir in (optional) potatoes.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until meat is tender and potato is cooked.
- We suggest to serve with natural yoghurt on the side and wedge of lemon.
Serve with basmati rice.
Serving with naan bread, wedges of lemon and
Woodstock McLaren Vale Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
May contain traces of nuts.
Ingredients: cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, garam masala, pepper, cardamon, fenugreek leaf.
Rogan Josh Curry NET WEIGHT 50g
All Curry Traders Spice Kits are naturally gluten free
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.