Sri Lankan Curry Gourmet Kit
This traditional Sri Lanka Curry is a medium heat and healthy dish you’re sure to love. The gourmet spice pack provides all the spice and flavour of this delicious and mouth watering curry. The spices will need to be ground when preparing this dish to provide the best and freshest flavours. The Sri Lankan spice pack contains 100% natural local and imported spices such as coriander, pepper, cumin, star anise, fenugreek, paprika and more.
This healthy and full bodied Sri Lankan Curry plays tricks with your mouth with its complex flavour combination. This curry is perfect for any meat or vegetable choice and makes it an easy pick for any picky eater to love. We make this curry ourselves at least once a week and are never disappointed. To prepare this dish add beef, chicken or vegetables, along with garlic, onion, tomatoes and a few other basic ingredients to create this tasty dish. The prep and cook times vary from which meat or vegetables are used and how long you marinade the meat to your preference. For a classic take on this dish, once cooked serve this curry with basmati rice, pappadams or naan bread, natural yogurt, pickles and it’s perfect to wash down with plenty of beers (like we do!). To garnish, add coriander for a pop of colour and extra taste to complement the Sri Lankan Curry’s flavour. For beer lovers, we recommend pairing this dish with James Squire Pale Ale for the best tasting combination.
This Sri Lankan Curry is medium in heat. 🌶🌶🌶
Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- 1 x Sri Lankan Curry Traders Kit
- 1kg to 1.5kg lamb, beef or chicken (breast or thigh, your choice) or vegetables
- ½ tblspn ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tblspn vegetable oil
- 1 tspn salt
- 6 small onions
- 6 large tomatoes or 2 x 400g crushed tin tomatoes
- 1 tblspn tomato paste
- ¼ cup stock
- 1 tblspn sugar
- bunch of coriander (optional)
Dice lamb/chicken/prepare vegetables, grate ginger, crush garlic, squeeze lemon, dice onions, roughly chop tomatoes.
How to Make Sri Lankan Curry
- In a heavy saucepan heat oil over low-medium heat.
- Add onions and salt. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Grind contents of Bag 1 in mortar & pestle.
- Add Bag 2, garlic and ginger and mix to form a paste.
- Stir paste into onions and Bag 3. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in lamb or chicken and cook until brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and sugar.
- Bring to the boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook lamb for 2 hrs or until tender.
- If using chicken, cook for 30 minutes.
- If using vegetables, cook to your liking.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with basmati rice.
Serving with pappadams or naan bread, natural yoghurt, eggplant pickles and James Squire Pale Ale.
May contain traces of nuts
Ingredients: coriander, pepper, cumin, star anise, fenugreek, paprika, cumin, fennel turmeric, cardamon, fenugreek leaf, chilli, cloves.
Sri Lankan Curry NET WEIGHT 50g
All Curry Traders Spice Kits are naturally gluten free
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.