South Ceylon Masala Curry Gourmet Kit
This South Ceylon Masala Curry is a coconut milk curry rich in masala. Cook it with chicken or fish depending on your preference for a delicious Southern Sri Lankan dish. The gourmet spice mix needs to be ground during preparation of this dish to provide fresh flavours from the spices. The pack includes 100% natural local and imported spices such as cardamon, coriander, fenugreek, cloves and more. This curry contains dried shellfish.
The South Ceylon Masala is medium in heat which provides a delicious spice from the cardamom and cinnamon for a tasty and quick cooking dish you’ll love making on busy weeknights or an easy weekend recipe. To create this commonly found “Rice and Curry” dish featured in all great southern Sri Lankan eateries, add our perfected gourmet spice pack, chicken thigh fillets or white firm fish, red onions, capsicum, tomatoes, coconut curry and a few other ingredients to create this delicious dish. The preparation time is only 15 minutes and the cook time is 30 minutes. This dish is perfect to have on your family dinner table in under an hour for a wholesome and savoury meal filled with spice and medium heat.
For a traditional take on this South Ceylon Masala Curry, serve this dish in a bowl with basmati rice and naan bread for a traditional take on this curry.
This South Ceylon Masala Curry is mild/medium in heat. 🌶🌶
South Ceylon Masala Curry Recipe
- 1 x South Ceylon Masala Curry Traders Kit
- 1.5kg chicken thigh fillets, skinned chicken on the bone or white firm fish (such as ling)
- 1 tblspn ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 red onions
- 1 tblspn vegetable oil
- 1 capsicum
- 3 tomatoes
- 400ml coconut milk
- 150ml water
- 1 tspn sugar
Take skin & fat off chicken and separate leg from thigh or cut fish into large pieces, grate ginger, crush garlic, dice onions, quarter tomatoes, slice capsicum.
How to Make South Ceylon Masala Curry
- Grind contents of Bag 1 in mortar & pestle.
- Mix in Bag 2 and Bag 3.
- In a wok heat oil over low heat.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger & all of the spices.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
NextIf using chicken:
- Add chicken, coat in spices and brown, approx. 10min.
- Stir in coconut milk, sugar & water.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir coconut milk and water.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Gently add fish, tomatoes and capsicum.
- Cook until fish is opaque, about 5 minutes.
Serve in a bowl with a side dish of basmati rice and naan bread.
Ingredients: cardamon, coriander, fenugreek, cloves, fennel, cumin, fenugreek, pepper, salt, shrimps, chilli, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon.
South Ceylon Masala Curry NET WEIGHT 46g
All Curry Traders Spice Kits are naturally gluten free
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.