Malaysian Rendang Curry Gourmet Kit
The Malaysian Rendang Curry Gourmet Kit is a hot and spicy one to try for those who like hot curries. This slow cooking curry is made with coconut milk and our Curry Traders blend of traditional spices to absorb the flavours and heat. The blend of 100% natural local and imported ingredients includes coconut, paprika, fennel, cinnamon, coriander and more that will need to be freshly ground for the classic flavours to expand. This traditional coconut curry is a pleasure to cook and finished with toasted coconut, a hint of lemon juice and sprinkle of sugar for a perfect curry every time.
For a fuller version, try cooking this meal the day before to let the spicy and sweet flavours marinade in the curry longer. To cook this curry add beef, along with onion, coconut milk, lemongrass and a few other basic ingredients to make this delicious dish. For a vegetarian version, substitute the meat for your favourite type of potato and vegetables for a tasty dish sure to impress. Preparation and cook time is around 3 hours for this slow cooking curry to be fully absorbed into the meat. The meat absorbs the spicy and sweet aniseed flavours during cooking for a beautiful and tasty meal perfect for weekend dinner or your next dinner party. This dish is best served with basmati rice to complement the coconut curry flavours and heat of this curry.
For wine lovers, make sure to pair this dish with Woodstock McLaren Vale Grenache Rose for a delicious wine choice.
Chilli Rating 4/5.
This Malaysian Rendang Curry is hot in heat.
Malaysian Rendang Recipe
- 1 x Malaysian Rendang Curry Traders Kit
- 1.5kg beef
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ tblspn ginger
- 5 spring onions
- 3 small onions
- pinch of salt
- 400ml coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 3 tblspn vegetable oil
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 1 stalk of lemon grass
- ½ lime
- 1 tspn soft brown sugar
- 2 tblspn fish sauce
Dice beef into large pieces, crush garlic, grate ginger, dice onions, dice spring onions, juice lime, pound lemon grass.
How to Make Malaysian Rendang Curry
- In mortar and pestle or coffee grinder, grind Bag 2 to a powder.
- Add garlic, ginger, spring onions, brown sugar & fish sauce to mortar & pestle and pound to form a paste. Set aside.
- Brown off Bag 4 until golden brown in a dry frying pan and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan heat vegetable oil (low-medium heat).
- Add Bag 1. Cook for 1 minute. Smell the aroma.
- Add onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Bag 3. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add paste to saucepan. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in beef & lemon grass and mix until brown.
- Stir in coconut milk & water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Add kaffir lime leaves.
- Simmer for 2 hours uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked Bag 4 and lime juice.
- Simmer for another 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
Serve with basmati rice and Woodstock McLaren Vale Grenache Rose'.
May contain traces of nuts.
Ingredients: coconut, paprika, fennel, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, cloves, star anise, chilli, cardamon.
Malaysian Rendang Curry NET WEIGHT 56g
Make authentic curry meals at home for the whole family with Curry Traders' spice rubs, marinades, curry kits and packs. Use our included recipes to create a delicious curry dish that is full of flavour, fun and easy to prepare.