Give your leftovers another life!
Posted on July 22 2021
Curry always tastes better the next day, as the flavour has had more time to develop. Why waste that beautiful curry when you can turn it into a totally new dish!
Got friends coming over, or just sick of leftovers being forgotten about in the back of the fridge? These ideas are for you!
Butter Chicken Pizza
- Use your favourite store-bought pizza base or recipe.
- Roll out base into an even circle
- Take your leftover Butter Chicken sauce (no need to reheat) and evenly spread it on the pizza base.
- Add chunks of chicken from your leftover Butter Chicken evenly over the base.
- Add sliced capsicum and red onion
- Add your cheese of choice (we love fresh mozzarella)
- Pop into the oven 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top with a drizzle of Greek yoghurt and fresh coriander and enjoy!
Butter Chicken Pie
- Get your favourite puff pastry and take it out of the freezer. Let it defrost slightly so it is pliable.
- Place 1 sheet into the bottom of a baking dish. (or however many sheets it takes to cover the bottom and sides of your dish.
- Fork holes in the bottom.
- Layer baking paper over the top. Add rice or baking beads to blind bake the bottom of the pie.
- Follow cooking instructions for your specific puff pastry, and remove when half cooked.
- Use your leftover Butter Chicken as the filling, and fill to the top and add coriander.
- Add another sheet of puff pastry to the top, Cut off excess, and seal the outside with a fork.
- Make a cut in the middle of the lid, to allow steam to escape while cooking.
- Brush the lid with egg wash and top with sesame seeds.
- Follow your cooking instruction and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with Salad and a squeeze of lemon.
We hope you enjoyed our twists on a family favourite, Butter Chicken! You can do this with any of your favorite curries! Have some fun in the kitchen and get creative! We'd love to see how you give your leftovers another life - tag us on your socials!